Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Am I Watching CNBC OR C-SPAN?

I've never been a huge fan of CNBC, but have often kept the channel on as background noise since it was an improvement over The Price Is Right or General Hospital. Occasionally a guest was worth turning up the volume and paying attention. Lately I'm resorting to listening to music.

CNBC has become the political channel. It no longer pretends to cover business news or commentary as its sole purpose is talking about Washington. I believe it is terrible that American financial companies, investors, and the general public all are looking to the government for salvation, but worse still is listening to Congressmen, Senators, and their hearings. Coverage of endless hours of Congress droning on is brutal. Bernacke and Geithner presentations are of the same entertainment value. If I wanted to casually listen to this drivel I would turn on C-SPAN.

We will be better served if we turn off CNBC and politicians.

 

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites